ISOLATION AND REJECTION is a multi-volume compilation of rejected sounds. Vol 3 (of 5) is released this July on Front & Follow, with support from Gated Canal Community, in support of The Brick in Wigan. It features the likes of Farmer Glitch, Kieran Mahon, Sone Institute, The Declining Winter, Alison Cotton, Fragile X, Dolly Dolly and more.
ISOLATION AND REJECTION was born out of thinking about what happened to all the tracks that didn’t make it onto those fancy compilations, and is now turning into an ongoing project to collect, collate and promote rejected sounds. This is not an isolation project – it’s a rejection project.
We asked artists:
Did you get rejected from that compilation?
Did you send something somewhere, and then nothing happened?
Did that one weird track not quite fit on the new album?
Did you lose that guaranteed hit in the (actual or virtual) loft and have just stumbled across it?
Well this is the compilation for you!
With over 100 artists signed up, we are going to release five volumes over the next few months. Each volume will showcase those lost gems, discarded and abandoned but now lovingly embraced and put front and centre for your enjoyment. We’ll also be sharing the stories behind the rejection – funny, weird and sometimes a little heart breaking.
All income raised will go to The Brick in Wigan – a fantastic charity on the front line of supporting those most in need, seeking to address the inequalities across our country exacerbated by COVID-19, but there all along.
Artists contributing to the series include Time Attendant, Howlround, Dolly Dolly, Cahn Ingold Prelog, Alison Cotton, Farmer Glitch, Rupert Lally, Sone Institute, The Declining Winter, TVO, Ekoplekz, Kemper Norton, Boobs of Doom, Grey Frequency, Elizabeth Joan Kelly, Thomas Ragsdale and many many more. Some you will know and some maybe you won’t.
1. Social Oscillations - Driech
2. Lee Ashcroft with Kö Manafumi - Recital
3. HyMettus Woods - The Dub Inside (Sunny Remix)
4. Kieran Mahon - Solitary Jazz Fumble
5. Milford Audiolab - Dank / Damp
6. Fragile X - What Used To Be Four Walls
7. Everson Poe - Crawling Guardian
8. Andromache - The Mole And The Rostrum
9. Elite Barbarian - Gnat Trap
10. Phexioenesystems - Water Ceramic
11. Nad Spiro - Mental Gang
12. Newlands - Father Sky
13. Sone Institute - Age and Accident
14. Farmer Glitch - Orla
15. Halogen Star - Interference
16. Four Italian Pep Pills - A Place Of Laps (First Few Laps)
17. Johnny Domino - New Pink Shirt
18. Dolly Dolly - HEADS
19. LeptonLeptonLepton - The Eigth House
20. Gentleforce - I Hear A Voice Crying In The Wilderness
21. Alison Cotton - Violet May (DEMO)
22. Vic Spanner - Thickery
23. The Declining Winter - The End Of The Long, Long Days
Mastered by Anthony Morrow at Herhalen - herhalen.bandcamp.com
Volumes 1 and 2 are out now. Volumes 4 and 5 of ISOLATION AND REJECTION will follow shortly.
Front & Follow explored the outer reaches of modern music with the sole, perhaps overly ambitious, aim of offering you something a little different. Front & Follow was a project of the Watson Marriage Experiment, and is currently in hibernation. Don’t tell anyone.
Gated Canal Community was dreamt up in the pub by Spenser, Justin and Becca. The name came first, and then we built stuff around it. It is how all good things are created. We play records on the radio, we write about them, and we write about other things.
For all press and radio enquiries, Bandcamp codes and public appearances – email@example.com
released August 28, 2020